We provide practitioner certification for those who wish to use Intention Tapping / Intention-based Energy Process (IEP), Simple Energy Techniques (SET), Advanced Energy Methods (AEM) and Provocative Energy Techniques (PET) in their practice.
The practitioner certification program is in transition due to the new Intention Tapping Certification Program which commenced in 2020. Immediately below you will find the new Intention Tapping Certification Requirements. Farther down below you will find the details of the previous Certification program for SET, AEM and PET Certification.
You can also learn more about training and certification in Intention Tapping at the Intention Tapping Website.
The Intention Tapping Practitioner Certification Program 5
Involves The Following Steps:
Full Details Of The IEP Certification Process:
From the outset it’s important to point out that you must have a warm and open heart, and a high level of integrity to use this approach. Unless you can show that you work with clients in an open-hearted and warm-hearted way you will not be able to be certified in this approach. See below for more details on what we mean by open heart.
Introductory Training: None
Practitioner training: Ideally you have at least the following. If you do not have these pre-requisites you may apply to be admitted based on your experience and skills.
- Familiarity with tapping as used in EFT and SET. It is ideal if you are certified as a practitioner in EFT, SET, TFT, PET or other energy tapping modality however that is not essential.
- Some understanding of basic counselling skills and ideally some experience in working with others in a helping capacity.
- Agree to adhere to the code of ethics (this is essentially about having good values, looking after your clients, and working with integrity). A copy of the current code of ethics is included at the bottom of this page.
- Essential: You must have an open and warm heart and integrity in your work with clients. Working with an open heart means that you accept clients unconditionally, seek to connect with them at a deep level, feel and express warm feelings towards them, hold them in your esteem, and aim always for their empowerment. At best this stems more from your inner feeling and intention than anything you do. Compassionate love and affection, selfless love (as in the love of a parent for a child); and benevolent loving-kindness may be as close as words can come to describing the nature of having an open heart in a session with a client. If you don’t know what compassionate love and affection feels like–and can’t demonstrate that quality in your work– then it’s likely (regardless of any prior training) that this certification is not for you.
Step 1: Complete Introductory IEP (Level 1) Training
The most up to date Introductory training option is via the Intention Tapping Online Workshop: Current options include English, French, and Italian. You’ll find a full list of current programs on this page.
This workshop will give you an experiential overview of using IEP for helping yourself and others.
This workshop is also pre-requisite to the practitioner level training.
1. If you have attended one or more face-to-face workshops with Steve Wells incorporating Intention Tapping in the past 2-3 years, you may also apply to be admitted to the practitioner level training:
- Intention Tapping Workshops: London, Sydney, Perth, Manchester, Auckland
- Combined IEP and PET Workshops: Italy, Toronto, Strasbourg
2. If you have completed the Uncommon Energy Practitioners Supervision and Development program as well as other online programs incorporating Intention Tapping, you may apply to be admitted at the discretion of the trainer.
3. If you have completed several (Minimum 3) of the following online programs with Steve Wells and extensively applied Intention Tapping, you may apply to be admitted at the discretion of the trainer:
Intention Tapping to Release and Restore, Overcome Self-Sabotage with Intention Tapping, Overcome Anxiety with Intention Tapping, Emotional Resilience, Business Breakthrough, Thriving not just Surviving , Libérer et restaurer avec le Tapping Intentionnel, Tap into YES
Step 2: Practice With Self, Others, Clients
You need to go away from your introductory training and apply Intention Tapping with yourself and use it with others. It is essential that you show you have at least tried out the approach with a few other people in order to join the practitioner level training. These can be swap sessions with other students and sessions with friends.
Step 3: Practitioner Essentials (Level 2) Training
You must have completed the pre-requisites listed in Step 1 and 2 in order to join this training.
This program will consist of:
- 14+ hours of live interactive training incorporating: Theory, practice, demonstrations, practice sessions, supervision
- 6 hours of required practice sessions outside the training with other group members / IEP students
Step 4: Apply IEP With Sufficient Clients
The key is to use the approach with “sufficient” clients in order to encounter different client issues and types.
The current minimum number for certification is at least 25 different clients and at least 50 client sessions total, with at least 5 being multiple sessions (3+ sessions with same client that shows you have the ability to work over a period of time with deeper issues and have clients come back to you.
These numbers may be varied at the discretion of the trainer; however, they are more likely to be varied up than down!
Step 5: Supervision And Mentoring
Supervision and mentoring on your practice is essential.
When you are using IEP with clients and especially once you have used IEP with a number of clients you will need to arrange some individual mentoring / supervision with one of our appointed mentors.
A limited number of small group supervision sessions with Steve Wells will also be offered.
Number of supervision sessions:
- At least 6 hours of supervision / mentoring overall.
- At least 2 of these must be individual supervision / mentoring sessions.
Step 6: Demonstrate Competence
There are three essential criteria on which you will be assessed:
Heart: Show that you maintain an open and warm heart
Integrity: Show that you are a person of integrity and that you work with integrity
Proficiency: Show fidelity to the use of the approach and demonstrate competence in using it to help others
Submit 3 case studies – Details to be provided.
Video or in-person demonstration of a full client session
Complete any additional requirements as required by Steve Wells and/or your mentor. This may include additional client sessions, additional case studies, additional supervision / mentoring, or additional training.
Step 7: Certification
Listing on intentiontapping.com (currently under construction) and eftdownunder.com
May use the titles Certified Intention Tapping Practitioner and IEP Practitioner
Step 8: Ongoing Development And Ongoing Supervision
In order to maintain your certification status, it is necessary to participate in ongoing mentoring / supervision and also to update your training as follows:
Ongoing Mentoring / Supervision: 6 hours per year (group or individual), online or face to face
Do at least one IEP workshop / update with Steve every 3 years or upon request to stay current.
Ethics: Must maintain good standing and always keep your heart open in your work with clients and work with integrity.
Note: An Intention Tapping Practitioner is not qualified to train or certify others in Intention Tapping but has the requisite skills to use it in their work with clients. At some stage, an advanced practitioner program and a Trainer program will be developed.
Code Of Ethics For Intention Tapping
Practitioners And Students
More Information And Training
Learn more about training and certification in Intention Tapping
PET Certification Program
The previous pathway to PET Certification is outlined below. Those who are still on this track can still achieve PET certification by attending enough workshops and online programs, and ultimately the new program will be incorporated as an additional level to the IEP certification program outlined above.
Level 1 – SET Practitioner Training
You will be able to list yourself as an SET Practitioner on our website
Name and contact details
Description of your practice, skills, expertise and relevant qualifications
Level 2 – Advanced Energy Practitioner
ou will be able to list yourself as a Advanced Energy Practitioner on our website Includes –
Your Photo, Name and address details highlighted in our Advanced Practitioner listings, which will be located above the SET Practitioner Listings
50-word description of your practice, skills, expertise and all relevant qualifications
(Can be worded in first person if you prefer, sample just to show likely size of listing)
Advanced Energy Practitioner
Steve Wells is an internationally recognised leadership coach and peak performance consultant. He consults worldwide on peak performance and is recognized as an innovative leader in Energy Techniques, and is the developer of Intention Tapping. With Dr. David Lake, Steve has developed Simple Energy Techniques (SET) and Provocative Energy Techniques (PET), and co-written 4 books on Energy Techniques. He is the author of 100% YES!
Level 3 – PET Practitioner Training
You will be able to list yourself as a skilled PET Practitioner on our website Includes –
Name and address details highlighted in the very top section of our practitioner listings
100-150 word description of your practice, skills, expertise.
(Can be worded in first person if you prefer, sample just to show likely size of listing)
Steve Wells is an internationally recognised leadership coach and peak performance consultant who holds a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology from Curtin University. He has trained extensively and personally with Gary Craig (creator of EFT) and Frank Farrelly (creator of Provocative Therapy). He is also the creator of Intention Tapping, also known as Intention-based Energy Process (IEP). With Dr David Lake, Steve created the user-friendly approach Simple Energy Techniques (SET) and the advanced approach Provocative Energy Techniques (PET). Steve regularly consults and presents worldwide on peak performance and was one of the first to apply Energy Psychology extensively in this area. Steve is the author of 100% YES! The Energy of Success and has also co-authored 4 books on Energy Techniques including Enjoy Emotional Freedom. Steve specialises in: Peak Performance, Anxiety/Depression, Trauma, Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem Issues
Level 4: Supervisor / Trainer
More details on this level is coming soon!